Watch Review: Perrelet Seacraft

Brand:Perrelet http://www.perrelet.com/

Perrelet was formed in 1777 by Abraham-Louis Perrelet a Swiss Horologist. Perrelet invented a self winding mechanism in the 1770's for pocket watches. Perrelet is widely acknowledged as the inventor of the basic movement known today as the automatic. In 1780 Perrelet invented the first pedometer measuring the steps and distance when walking. The brand claims a history of watchmaking since then but the real change happened in 2004 when Festina acquired them. They are now considered a lower tier luxury brand in the $4k-$8k range. In 2011 Basel Perrelet unveiled their Seacraft line. Their first try at making a sport/dive watch. Always known for their complicated movements they were put to use on this new model.

They offer a 3 hand model that is 42mm.


Specifications: Perrelet Caliber P-271

Size: 45mm

Thickness:17.45mm

Weight: 245g

Lug-Lug: 53.5mm

Movement: ETA 2892 with Dubois Depraz 2021 module 57 jewels 28,800vph

42hours power reserve;open-worked exclusive decorated Perrelet Rotor

Water Resistance: 777meters

Crown: Screw down


First Impressions: The watch came in a big 3lb box that is fitting for a watch with a retail price tage of $5,400. Very similar to other boxes I have recieved in watches of this price range. Push button to open and very good protection for the watch.I am not too big on presentation boxes but I do admit its always nice to get that first impression of quality which I did. The watch itself looked a little smaller than the specs which for me was a good thing. The tapered bezel gives it a chunky feel and look.

Dial & Hands: 9.5/10The dial is a white white and the markers and hands glow a light green. Both are filled with C-3 Superluminova.The red seconds markers also has Superluminova at the tip.The little bit red is a nice touch and enhances the dial.Legibility on white watches are sometimes difficult for me but I have no problem reading the time on this watch. The dark outline and the green C-3 really help the legibility.The hands are extra long and actually cover most of the marker for very accurate reading. 

Bezel: 7/10  bezel is a very smooth 120 click bezel. The indicies make it very easy to grip even with gloves on.I think I would rather see a Ceramic or Sapphire coated bezel on a watch in this price range.

Movement Accuracy- 10/10- It has run on average +1 second a day while on my wrist.Dial up when not on the wrist it is running +4 seconds a day. Power Reserve has been right around 48 hours. The winding of this movement is very smooth and can barely feel any tension much like all of the 289x series but even smoother. Very much like my Breitling B-2 which has a modified ETA 2894. I am very pleased with the results.
On The Wrist- This is a big watch but is extremely balanced on the wrist.It has a very good wrist presence which I like. I have had no issues with the weight (over 230g's) and wears very comfortable on the wrist.
 

Bracelet/Clasp-10/10 This is the first ratcheting clasp watch I have owned and 
 in it so it can be tighted once its on the wrist. I absolutely love this feature! There are no 1/2 links on this watch and with the clasp being adjustable there is no need for it. I always get a perfect fit on this watch even when my wrist changes sizes a little due to the weather.The beautiful Perrelet logo really completes this fantastic clasp.The gap you see at the bottom of the *P* is the adjustment feature. It will loosen or tighten giving a great fit.The bracelet is 4mm thick and is one of the easiest bracelet's I have ever sized. It uses 1 sided screws and can be sized in less than 5 minutes. Very user friendly.
 

Lume-9/10 The day I got this watch I was wearing my Zenton V45 and took both watches into a dark room and the lume was even. The lume is long lasting and with a good charge its good for around 6 hours. That and the lack of bezel lume is why it didn't receive a perfect score.The long hour markers and the extra long hands are very bright at first charge. I am not the best at lume shots but these pics are with only a few seconds of sunshine. I have a test on my watches to check how good the lume really is. Its instant lume where no charge is necessary from any unatural lighting. This passed with flying colors. You walk inside from the outside you will find it glowing like a torch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts